- with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
Tough & Hardy
- animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia.
Maximise Genetic Gain
- through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
Stud ewes must twin regularly to maintain their position in the stud.
Good Mothering Ability
All ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
- by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
Sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled
To Breed a Type
Every ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
We have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo.
- of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
Maintain a moderate adult frame size.