· STRUCTURALLY CORRECT with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
· TOUGH and HARDY animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia
· MAXIMIZE GENETIC GAIN through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
· HIGH FERTILITY - Stud ewes must twin regulary to maintain their position in the stud
· GOOD MOTHERING ABILITY - all ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
· FOOTROT TOLERANT by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
· DAG FREE - sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled.
· TO BREED A TYPE every stud ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
· WORM RESISTANT - we have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo
· MAXIMUM KILOS of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
· Maintain a moderate adult FRAME SIZE.
Stud Coopworth ewe lambs carrying at 13 months of age
Chromedale ewe with twins
Private Sale Rams
Chromedales, Perendales, Coopworths, ICON Poll Dorsets and ICON Southie rams are available now for private sale.
Chrome Genetics Ewe Sale on AuctionsPlus
Date to be confirmed in December 2018
Joining Ewe LambsAt a Glance: • Must be 40kg • Gaining weight up to and during joining • Lambing at 13 – 14 months • Mate to an easy lambing sire • Wean lambs early • Look after ewes post weaning • Use...
2019 SUMMER RAM SALE
FRIDAY 18TH JANUARY 2019
2018 Sale Reports
Results of the 10th Annual Ram Sale (11th Oct) & 7th Summer Ram Sale (19th Jan)