· STRUCTURALLY CORRECT with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
· TOUGH and HARDY animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia
· MAXIMIZE GENETIC GAIN through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
· HIGH FERTILITY - Stud ewes must twin regulary to maintain their position in the stud
· GOOD MOTHERING ABILITY - all ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
· FOOTROT TOLERANT by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
· DAG FREE - sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled.
· TO BREED A TYPE every stud ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
· WORM RESISTANT - we have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo
· MAXIMUM KILOS of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
· Maintain a moderate adult FRAME SIZE.
Stud Coopworth ewe lambs carrying at 13 months of age
Chromedale ewe with twins
Private Sale Rams
Chromedales, Perendales, Coopworths, ICON Poll Dorsets and ICON Southie rams are available now for private sale.
South East Field Days
Friday 20th and Saturday 21st March at Lucindale.
SITE: 327 (Tregenza St)
Chrome will be attending Lambex 1st - 4th July 2020 at Melbourne Showgrounds
Henty Field Days 15th-17th Sept 2020
Chrome is heading to the Henty Machinery Field Days. Site 1047A Block V
2020 Sales Reports
9th Summer Ram Sale Results