· STRUCTURALLY CORRECT with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
· TOUGH and HARDY animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia
· MAXIMIZE GENETIC GAIN through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
· HIGH FERTILITY - Stud ewes must twin regulary to maintain their position in the stud
· GOOD MOTHERING ABILITY - all ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
· FOOTROT TOLERANT by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
· DAG FREE - sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled.
· TO BREED A TYPE every stud ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
· WORM RESISTANT - we have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo
· MAXIMUM KILOS of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
· Maintain a moderate adult FRAME SIZE.
Stud Coopworth ewe lambs carrying at 13 months of age
Chromedale ewe with twins
Chrome Client offering Ewe Lambs for Sale
150 June 2018 drop Ewe Lambs
Hamilton Sheepvention 4th - 6th August 2019
Chrome Sheep Studs will be having a display at Sheepvention situated in the Sheep Tech Marquee.
Henty Field Days 17th-19th Sept 2019
Chrome is heading to the Henty Machinery Field Days. Site 1047A Block V
2019 Sale Reports
8th Summer Ram Sale (18th Jan)
2018 Sale Reports
Results of the 10th Annual Ram Sale (11th Oct), 7th Summer Ram Sale (19th Jan) & Chrome Genetics Ewe Sale (4th Dec)