· STRUCTURALLY CORRECT with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
· TOUGH and HARDY animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia
· MAXIMIZE GENETIC GAIN through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
· HIGH FERTILITY - Stud ewes must twin regulary to maintain their position in the stud
· GOOD MOTHERING ABILITY - all ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
· FOOTROT TOLERANT by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
· DAG FREE - sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled.
· TO BREED A TYPE every stud ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
· WORM RESISTANT - we have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo
· MAXIMUM KILOS of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
· Maintain a moderate adult FRAME SIZE.
Stud Coopworth ewe lambs carrying at 13 months of age
Chromedale ewe with twins
Hamilton Sheepvention 6th & 7th August 2018
Chrome Sheep Studs will be having a display at Sheepvention situated in the Sheep Tech Marquee.
Henty Field Days 18th-20th Sept 2018
Chrome is heading to the Henty Machinery Field Days. Site 1049A Block V
2018 Sale Reports
Results of the 7th Summer Ram Sale (19th Jan)
2017 Sale Results
Results of the 6th Summer Ram Sale (20th Jan 2017) and the 9th Annual Ram Sale (12th Oct 2017), Chrome Genetics Ewe Sale (19th Dec 2017)
2016 Sale Results
Results of the 8th Annual Ram Sale (6th Oct 2016) and the Summer Ram Sale (22nd Jan 2016)