· STRUCTURALLY CORRECT with good sound feet, legs and pasterns.
· TOUGH and HARDY animals suited to the high rainfall zones of Southern Australia
· MAXIMIZE GENETIC GAIN through stringent visual selection aided by recording on Lambplan.
· HIGH FERTILITY - Stud ewes must twin regulary to maintain their position in the stud
· GOOD MOTHERING ABILITY - all ewes are scored for their mothering ability when the lambs are tagged at birth.
· FOOTROT TOLERANT by using DNA analysis to identify superior sires.
· DAG FREE - sheep are challenged on farm and daggy sheep culled.
· TO BREED A TYPE every stud ewe is individually assigned to a sire at classing to maintain a type.
· WORM RESISTANT - we have successfully established a no drench stud ewe flock for ewes over 2yo
· MAXIMUM KILOS of lambs weaned per kilo of ewe mated.
· Maintain a moderate adult FRAME SIZE.
Stud Coopworth ewe lambs carrying at 13 months of age
Chromedale ewe with twins
Hamilton Sheepvention 4th - 6th August 2019
Chrome Sheep Studs will be having a display at Sheepvention situated in the Sheep Tech Marquee.
Henty Field Days 17th-19th Sept 2019
Chrome is heading to the Henty Machinery Field Days. Site 1047A Block V
Pre Sale Inspection Day
Monday 7th October 2019
11th Annual Ram Sale
On Property at "CHROME" on Thursday 10th October 2019
2019 Sale Reports
8th Summer Ram Sale (18th Jan)